BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Fear

Even when things are going good, fear can creep in and lead you astray. I am living proof of that tonight. Tomorrow is my first day on my new job, and to be honest, I'm a bit scared. It's not rational fear - it never is. I'm perfectly capable of tackling this job and doing fantastic things. But it requires courage, and sometimes, admittedly, that's something I lack. So rather than do what I intended tonight, which was get absolutely everything ready for tomorrow, I spent 3 hours on a puzzle. Not the best use of time, especially since I was determined to spend only an hour or so. Oopsie. But the lousy thing is that it wasn't by chance that I took that long. I was simply timid about doing what I needed to do because it felt harder than what I was doing. But what's harder really - tackling what needs to be done when it needs to be done, or procrastinating and cramming and maybe not being ready physically, emotionally, spiritually, and intellectually? Easy answer, but one that, in practice, has eluded me for years. This cycle just doesn't serve me anymore. So help me remember this one thing: Big rocks first, and everything that is important will come out right, while the unimportant will vanish away. Much better.

0 comments: