BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Questions & Answers

Today was Ward Conference, where all of the stake leaders came to instruct and counsel with us. Last week our Bishop promised us that this would be a revelatory experience and that, if we would come with a question, we would find answers during the Conference. I put that promise to the test, and at least in my case, it was fulfilled many times over. Answer upon answer flooded my mind during sacrament meeting as the speakers spoke from their hearts and with the Spirit. And I am very grateful that I had the foresight to write those answers down, because they teach me how to live a higher and better life. These are instructions that I need and would have easily forgotten without recording them. Before I would have thought this was enough and that I'd just go from here. But after Elder Richard G. Scott's talk in the October 2009 General Conference on the progression of revelation, I have much yet to do with the instructions I received today. Morals of the story: 1) Do what your bishop says, 2) write down impressions/promptings that come to your mind, and 3) read and follow Elder Scott's talk.

P.S. Happy Birthday to my lovely and beautiful wife. After 9 birthdays together, life just keeps getting better. Not easier, but better. I love you and can't wait until the visions in your heart and mind are finally unveiled to the world. Hope you had a great and memorable day!

0 comments: