BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, November 21, 2009

No longer a pretender

As long as I can remember I've felt a connection to writing. I always felt internal pressure, even as a youth, to be a journal writer. Not always did I heed that yearning, but I carried it with me into my mission, where I was actually quite regular at recording the day's events. Upon returning home I fell out of the habit again, and it wasn't until a night in March 2002, I think, when I declared to the world that I would not lay my head to the pillow without writing in my journal. I was sick and tired of not doing what I felt I should, staying with it for about four years. I still write, though not as regularly, in my journal, as I feel it is important to record for my life for myself and posterity.

In recent years my yearning to become a writer by trade has increased and grown. Determined to develop and hone my craft, I set out on October 19th - over 30 days ago - to write in my blog every day for the next 30 days. With one exception, I have done just that. And now today makes my 30th entry since making that promise to myself. I am a writer, and this is just the beginning.

0 comments: