BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Anja and the Jews

A story came to me last night in a dream - the powerful, riveting story of a busload of Hungarian Jews being transported to a German concentration camp just before the close of World War II. Anja suffers as much as anyone else on the bus, but becomes a strangely polarizing figure on the trip, among both prisoners and soldiers alike. You see, she is there by choice.

It's a story of love and hatred, fierce political battles and the unrelenting power of human relations. It's about pain and forgiveness, absolute power and total submission. And this story will leave none who touches it unchanged. It's already changing me.

More to come, in one way or another. I believe this story has a future both on the book rack and on the big screen. I pray that I might do it justice.

0 comments: